Friday, June 26, 2009

Son Rock
























































One of our favorite weeks of the year is always Vacation Bible School. The theme for VBS this year was Son Rock Camp. It was a camping theme and the decorations were awesome. This was Will's first year to do the "real" VBS. In the past he has done the preschool program they have for the volunteer's kids. It was great to be able to have all three kids participating in the program. I was a counselor this year, which is my favorite job, for a group of 3rd graders. I have always had Kindergarten or 1st Grade, and I did find that the 3rd grader's were easier overall. My friend, Jenny Wilson, and I were co-leaders, and we had a great group of kids. My kids always love the stories, the missions, the crafts, the games, the skits, and the songs. This year was no different in that the songs we sang are stuck in my head and will be for several weeks. The week ended with a family picnic on the church grounds by the pond. After dinner, everyone gathered in the new amphitheater seating, and all the kids from VBS sang their songs from the week. This year, in addition to the VBS songs, they added two campfire songs that were familiar to everyone - Pass It On and Kumbaya. It was a fantastic week, and I know my kids are building memories there that will last a lifetime.

Pass It On

It only takes a spark to get a fire going.
And soon all those around can warm up in its glowing.
That's how it is with God's Love.
Once you've experienced it.
You spread his love to everyone
You want to pass it on.
I wish for you my friend
This happiness that I've found.
You can depend on Him
It mattters not where you're bound.
I'll shout it from the mountain top - PRAISE GOD!
I want the world to know.
The Lord of love has come to me
I want to pass it on.


1 comments:

Redhawk said...

Love the Video! Glad to guys had fun. A BIG thanks to mom for helping out at VBS...she is always doing all those EXTRA things that makes a GREAT mom.