Thursday, December 18, 2008

Neighborhood Fun

Early this year I received an email from a neighbor that had moved into our neighborhood the same month we did - September 07. They had moved from the Dallas area and had decided to try Suburban life. The email was inviting me and the kids to attend a Play Group for kids in the neighborhood. I went mainly because they have a boy that is a year older than Will, and I wanted Will to make some friends. We were the only family that made it, and Angela and I hit it off immediately and talked for a couple of hours. My kids were completely entertained by all the new toys. Part of our discussion was about working out, and we realized we both belonged to Lifetime. She talked me into doing some of the group exercise classes with her, and it has truly changed my life. I started going with her, and I was embarrassed in the beginning because she insisted we stand right at the front because you get a better workout that way. I was intimidated, but I soon discovered she was right. It does make me work harder in the front, and I am hooked on the whole thing. The two classes we attend the most often are Kickbox Jam and Strike (combination of kickboxing and total conditioning), and sometimes I make the barbell strength class. I don't have to have her there anymore to go to the classes, and we both often attend on our own, but I love it when she is there and look forward to those classes every week.

This Christmas, Angela hosted a Girl's Christmas gathering. She provided all the food and drink, and we had a fun Christmas Gift Exchange. I ended up with Angela's gift, and it is a cute snowman that holds a bottle of wine. It was a fun evening out, and I enjoyed seeing some of my neighbors and meeting new friends of hers. I'm glad our paths have crossed, and I'm looking forward to many more years of friendship.

0 comments: