Friday, December 19, 2008

CHCS Mom's Group

When Allison was in the three old class at Chapel Hill Children's School, I became friends with a group of mom's who all had kids in the 3s and various other ages. We started having play dates and girl's night out on a regular basis. I started to really look forward to our outings and discussions on the comings and goings of life at Chapel Hill. One of our first traditions was an annual Christmas Party. Last week was the 5th annual party. The group has gotten quite a bit smaller, but our core group has stayed the same, and we love our get-togethers. Wendy hosted this year and provided all the food and drink. She had an amazing spread. We had a fun gift exchange, and I received a beautiful necklace from stelladot.com. Each year we are given party favors, and this year I got a pair of scissors for my car. I can honestly say that I have never thought about putting scissors in my car, but I have used them twice in the week I have had them, so I'm calling it a success! I should also mention that it was a pajama party. You had to come in Christmas Pajamas. This was a little out of my box, but I managed to find some cute PJ's that I think I will wear again, and I have to admit, I haven't been that comfortable at a party in a long time. Maybe it's not an accident that I don't have any pictures from the party!

0 comments: