Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Cookie Exchange











If it seems like all I have done this month is go to parties, then you are right. I have attened a lot of holiday related activities, and I have loved every one of them. I especially like the ones that are yearly traditions, and this one falls into that category. My good friend, Allison, hosts a cookie exchange every year on a Sunday afternoon in early December, so we all have a variety of cookies to enjoy for the holidays. In our case, unfortunately, it last about a week, which is not good for a lot of reasons. Everyone makes 6 dozen to share and one dozen to sample. The rules are not strict, and as long as it falls into a holiday treat category, it works. There is a prize given for the best looking and the best tasting. I was excited win best looking this year, and, as someone pointed out, this was my first year to make an appearance in the winner's circle. I made Pretzel Hugs, and they are ridiculously easy, but they are festive to look at. Allison always has a beautiful table, a creativly decorated house, and delicious snacks to go along with the cookies. I really treasure her friendship.

0 comments: