Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gobby's 101st Birthday






















The middle of December holds several special birthdays in our family. On December 17th, my maternal Grandmother, Gobby, turned 101. We celebrated by having a small party in a private room at the Bently in Dallas, where she lives. My mom brought a beautiful cake and ice cream, and Gobby was thrilled with all the attention. Our whole family along with my parents and my brother and Katherine and Libby were there. My grandmother's good friend Lelia was there along with Fiona from her church. After cake and ice cream, Gobby got open a few presents. She kept saying over and over again, "Don't I have a nice family?" She is really amazing for someone her age and even though things continue to get harder for her, she often says how good she feels for her age. She is coming to my house for Christmas this year, and we are excited because she hasn't been out of the Bently in about a year. Happy Birthday, Gobby! We can't wait to celebrate your 102nd birthday with you next year.

0 comments: