Monday, August 24, 2009

Off and running...
























Today was the first day of school for my 1st and 3rd graders. They both were so excited this morning and seemed to have a great day. When they got off the bus, they were both talking at the same time, and I couldn't understand either one of them. We had to take turns talking, and it was very hard to wait. Allison was most interested in telling me about changing seats so that her friend Grace did not have to sit in a grouping with all boys, and Caroline was so excited that she gets to earn tickets for good behavior. She can use these tickets to do really cool things like eat lunch with her sit by her teacher all day. She was also proud that she had some homework tonight! We celebrated with our annual cookie cake showing Happy 1st and 3rd Grade.

I do know they are getting older because Allison was embarrassed that I was taking so many pictures inside the classroom. She leaned in and whispered, "That's enough Mom." I was shocked, but I did consider her feelings and stop! Then after school Caroline asked that I not come to the bus stop anymore, but that I let her walk about 10 houses down by herself and ring the doorbell. Um, I don't think so.....

I was proud of them today and thrilled that they were so excited about the new school year.

1 comments:

Redhawk said...

What great pictures...

So happy that the kids are so excited about school, their teachers and their classes.

Do you think the girls would be embarrassed if dad showed up in school, sang to their classes, gave them a big kiss on the cheek, and told everyone funny stories about when they were little girls.

Allison and Caroline...you will always be Daddy's little princesses.