Saturday, August 22, 2009

McKinney Friends


On Thursday the kids and I headed out to McKinney to see our friends, the Fowlers. Lisa and I have been friends for years and met at church when we were both single. She and I, along with two other girls, did a small group Bible Study for several years. We all became very close, and I was sad when Lisa moved to California. Three years ago her family moved back to the Dallas area. Lisa and I see each other a few times a year when we get together with the other two girls in our small group to celebrate each other's birthdays, and we always try to get our kids together each summer. They invited us to go to a neighborhood water park. We had a great time, and the kids loved playing in the sand around the water and Will especially enjoyed shooting and spraying water on the playing deck. We got McDonald's and took it back to Lisa's house and stayed there for awhile. Lisa has two boys going into Kindergarten and 2nd grade, and a beautiful 2 year old girl that they adopted from Russia last spring. I'm so thankful we are able to get together as often as we do!

0 comments: