Friday, August 14, 2009

5 Years Old!!!
























































August 12th was a big day in our house. My baby boy, Will, turned 5 years old. He was SO excited about his birthday and knew it was coming up, but he couldn't quite grasp exactly when the day was going to get here. We tried to spend the day doing some fun things for him. He has been taking a little football class at Stampede Sports Arena, and Wednesday was his last class. He loves going, especially to act silly with the other little boys. After that he got to get his hair cut. That may sound like an odd thing, but he LOVES to get his haircut. I'm not sure if he loves the haircut more or the way they spike his hair at the end! Then we headed to his favorite eating spot (Wendy's) for a delicious lunch! Ha! From there we went out to the train station in Grapevine to play on the trains a little bit. They weren't running or anything, but Will LOVES trains, and it has been a huge part of his last year, so I wanted to get some pictures of him on a train on his 5th birthday. He is not too into pictures right now - actually he likes me taking them, but he tries too hard and most of the smiles are fake with squinty eyes. I did get a few, though, and here are a some of my favorites!

































After playing on the trains for a whole 30 minutes, it was HOT out there, we made a quick stop at a toy store and then headed to dentist appointments for all the kids. Again, Will likes going to the dentist mainly to get the toy from the treasure chest at the end. My parents came over for dinner that night, and we had Feedstore Barbecue and a delicious cake that Gram made. Opening presents was a ton of fun for Will, and the highlights were a new bug backpack and lunchbox, a junior golf set, and a Green Machine ride on toy. Gram and Grandpa have been waiting for him to turn five so they could give him the Green Machine. Uncle Bill loved his Green Machine growing up, and we know Will will love his, too. It was a fun day celebrating a very special boy. I love him so much and can't imagine my life without him. Here is my top 10 list for the reasons I love Will.

1) He is the BEST snuggler in the world.
2) He has a wonderful laugh/giggle that I never get tired of listening to.
3) He loves trains!
4) He would drink a Sprite with every meal if we would let him.
5) He loves wrestling with Dad and being the champion.
6) He is a soccer scoring machine!
7) He loves to share (most of the time!) and takes great pleasure in giving you something!
8) He idolizes his sisters and mimics Caroline, in particular, when making any choices.
9) He asks for snacks ALL DAY LONG.
10) He is stubborn to a fault when he thinks he is right.
and just one more....
11) He loves his mom more than anyone else in the world!

Finally, I will end with an interview that I did with Will on his 5th birthday. Another post about his sports birthday party at Stampede will be coming soon!
Mom: How old are you?
Will: 5
Mom: What is your favorite food?
Will: Sprite and Jelly and Ham and Cheese

Mom: What is your favorite toy?
Will: My cars and books and all the stuff in the house

Mom: What do you like to do the most?
Will: Drink Sprite

Mom: Who do you love:
Will: Mom
Mom: Who else?
Will: Dad
Mom: Who else?
Will: Caroline
Mom: Who else?
Will: Allison
Mom: Who else?
Will: God

Mom: What was your favorite thing you did this summer?
Will: Go swimming

Mom: What are you scared of?
Will: Monsters coming in...

Mom: What makes you happy?
Will: When someone kisses me and when someone takes me to the movie theater

Mom: Do you like cold weather or warm weather?
Will: Hot weather and all the weathers, but not storming and raining at night by myself in the kitchen
Mom: Who loves you?
Will: Mom

Mom: Who thinks your special?
Will: Mom and Dad

Mom: What was your favorite part of your birthday?
Will: Eating cake and getting presents
Mom: What are you most excited about now that you have turned 5?
Will: I hope someone gives me a trampoline.

1 comments:

Redhawk said...

I LOVE the interview! What a great idea. Made me laugh out loud. Awesome...absolutely awesome.

Dad