Thursday, January 29, 2009

Will's First Marriage


One of the things I like about all three of my kids going through the same preschool program for all these years is the fact that they participate in the same fun traditions. Today Will went through the ceremony of the wedding of Q and U. This is a very big deal and something they have been doing for a long time. Since Q and U are always found together in words, they drill this fact home with the children by having them witness and participate in a wedding. They make puppets for Q and U and they dress in top hats and veils. Twice before, the girls have come home with their veils, so today was our first top hat. Will was very excited about the ceremony and the fact that he married (just pretend as he says) his good friend Cambridge. Here are the words for the ceremony. I know they are super corny, but it's been a fun tradition in the kids' lives!

The Wedding of Q and U

Dearly belearned, we are gathered here today to witness the wedding of Mr. U an Miss Q, two fine letters who were truly meant for each other.

Miss Q, do you promise to be the strong, silent type speaking only when Mr. U is present?

"I do"

Mr. U, do you promise to help Miss Q when making words like queen, quiet, and quilt?

"I do"

By the power vested in me by the school of Chapel Hill, I now pronounce you Q and U forever.

0 comments: