Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Big 40















On December 20th Ray turned 40! I had been agonizing over what to do for him for several months. He had a big surprise party for me on my 40th last April, and he adamantly said he didn't want something like that for his birthday. I contemplated everything from having a big Christmas/Birthday party on the 20th to just having family over. I ended up having a small surprise dinner for him at Javier's in Dallas on the 14th. I had 4 couples from Northwest Bible Church. Ray was in a small group Bible Study with these guys for several years. He has been on Ski Trips and Mountain biking trips with them, too. After Ray stopped going to Dallas to work everyday, it became harder and harder for him to get together with these guys on a regular basis. So I wanted to do something that would be for RAY, and I think the dinner went great. He thought we were meeting my 2 high school friends and their husbands out, which we usually do around Christmas. I was able to get the small private room at Javier's, and it was really a wonderful evening. All of these people I have known when they were single, and it has been fun to watch our families grow together. Of course, now that the guys got together, they are planning a guy's ski trip at Doug and Becky's house in Red River for the end of January.





































On the 20th I had my parents, Bill, Kristen, Katherine, Libby, Forty and Robin (Jack was already sleeping) all over for dinner. The kids and I had fun decorating the kitchen for a 40th birthday celebration, and I hope Ray felt like we really celebrated his special day. One thing I gave Ray was a framed picture of our family mission statement that we made several years ago. I will have to post a picture of his main gift when it arrives - a new road bike!!! I won't do a top 10 for Ray, but I will say that he a wonderful and very helpful husband and father, and we are all so proud of him.
























0 comments: