Thursday, November 6, 2008

More Diabetes Support

Yesterday Allison and I participated in the 2nd annual Diabetes Walk at Rockenbaugh Elementary School in Southlake. Their school has two 4th graders with Diabetes, and they host the walk to honor these two boys and all the members of the CISD community with Diabetes. All of the proceeds go to the American Diabetes Association. When we arrived, we were so honored and excited to see about 15 teachers from Carroll Elementary there, including Allison's teacher, Miss Yruegas and the principal, Stacy Wagnon. Allison was beyond excited, and she had no trouble walking the 3 miles this time. There were some pictures snapped of her after she finished by a photographer, so if I ever get a copy of these, I will add it to the post. I'm sorry I didn't have my camera there. It was a fun afternoon, and we are always so grateful to the people that come out and support Allison and all people with Type 1 Diabetes in hopes of finding a cure.

0 comments: