Thursday, April 7, 2011

Open House 2011

I have always loved Open House as a child, and it is no different now that I have kids.  They held it during the day this year and staggered the times because of the construction at the school, so I got to spend the day up there with my kids in each of their classrooms.  In Kindergarten they featured their unit on Dinosaurs.   It was adorable!











In 2nd Grade, they featured their Famous American unit and had their Famous American Museum day.  Caroline chose Laura Ingalls Wilder for her project and dressed up like her for Open House.  All the kids stood frozen in the room and had a button on their hand.  When a spectator went up and pushed a button, the Famous American would come to like and tell you a little bit about themselves.  I was so impressed with all the costumes and presentations.








Allison's class showed off artwork and had the parents take some "tests".  Let's just say I was glad that Grandpa was there for some of the Geometry questions.  They were already a little over my head!






0 comments: